A. Stevens, R. Willett, A. Mamalakis, E. Foufoula-Georgiou, A. Tejedor, J. Randerson, P. Smyth, and S. J. Wright, “Graph-guided regularized regression of pacific ocean climate variables to increase predictive skill of southwestern us winter precipitation,” submitted, 2020.
D. Gilton, R. Luo, R. Willett, and G. Shakhnarovich, “Detection and description of change invisual streams,” submitted, 2020.
D. Wang, Y. Yu, A. Rinaldo, and R. Willett, “Localizing changes in high-dimensional vector autoregressive processes,” submitted, 2020.
Daren Wang, Kevin Lin, and Rebecca Willett, “Statistically and computationally efficient change point localization in regression settings,” arXiv preprint arXiv:1906.11364, 2019.
Fangzhou Mu, Yin Li, Yingyu Liang. Gradients as Features for Deep Representation Learning
International Conference on Learning Representations (ICLR), 2020.
Farnam Mansouri, Yuxin Chen, Ara Vartanian, Xiaojin Zhu, and Adish Singla. Preference-based batch and sequential teaching: Towards a unified view of models. In Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems (NeurIPS), 2019.
G. Ongie, C. Metzler, A. Jalal, A. Dimakis, R. Baraniuk, and R. Willett, “Deep learning techniquesfor inverse problems in imaging,” submitted, 2020.
Greg Ongie, Rebecca Willett, Daniel Soudry, and Nathan Srebro, “A function space view of
bounded norm infinite width relu nets: The multivariate case,” in ICLR, 2019, arXiv preprint
Hui Yuan, Yingyu Liang. Learning Entangled Single-Sample Distributions via Iterative Trimming. International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Statistics (AISTATS), 2020.
L. Zheng, R. Willett, and G. Raskutti, “Context-dependent self-exciting point processes:models, methods, and risk bounds in high dimensions,” submitted, 2020.
M Karzand, RD Nowak. MaxiMin Active Learning in Overparameterized Model Classes IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Information Theory.
M Karzand, RD Nowak. Maximin Active Learning with Data-Dependent Norms. 2019 57th Annual Allerton Conference on Communication, Control, and Computing.
ML Malloy, A Tripathy, RD Nowak. Optimal Confidence Regions for the Multinomial Parameter. arXiv preprint arXiv:2002.01044
R. M. Willett, “Response to “artificial intelligence—the revolution hasn’t happened yet”,” Harvard Data Science Review, 2019.
R Nowak, E Tánczos. Tighter Confidence Intervals for Rating Systems. arXiv preprint arXiv:1912.03528
R Parhi, RD Nowak. Minimum” Norm” Neural Networks are Splines arXiv preprint arXiv:1910.02333
Rungang Han, Rebecca Willett, and Anru Zhang, “An optimal statistical and computational framework for generalized tensor estimation,” arXiv preprint arXiv:2002.11255, 2020.
Sanjoy Dasgupta, Daniel Hsu, Stefanos Poulis, Xiaojin Zhu. Teaching a black-box learner. In The 36th International Conference on Machine Learning (ICML), 2019.
W. J. Marais, R. E. Holz, J. S. Reid, and R. M. Willett, “Leveraging spatial textures, through
machine learning, to identify aerosol and distinct cloud types from multispectral observations,”
W. Wang, Q. Tang, and K. Livescu. Unsupervised pre-training of bidirectional speech encoders via masked reconstruction, ICASSP 2020.
Xuanqing Liu, Si Si, Xiaojin Zhu, Yang Li, and Cho-Jui Hsieh. A unified framework for data poisoning attack to graph-based semi-supervised learning. In Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems (NeurIPS), 2019.
Y. Li, B. Mark, G. Raskutti, R.Willett, H. Song, and D. Neiman, “Graph-based regularization for regression problems with alignment and highly-correlated designs,” accepted to SIAM Journal on Mathematics of Data Science, arXiv:1803.07658 , 2020.
Yiding Chen and Xiaojin Zhu. Optimal attack against autoregressive models by manipulating the environment. In The Thirty-Fourth AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI), 2020.
Yingyu Liang, Zhao Song, Mengdi Wang, Lin Yang, Xin Yang. Sketching Transformed Matrices with Applications to Natural Language Processing. International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Statistics (AISTATS), 2020.
Yuzhe Ma, Xuezhou Zhang, Wen Sun, and Xiaojin Zhu. Policy poisoning in batch reinforcement learning and control. In Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems (NeurIPS), 2019.
Zhongkai Sun, Prathusha Kameswara Sarma, William Sethares, Yingyu Liang. Learning Relationships between Text, Audio, and Video via Deep Canonical Correlation for Multimodal Language Analysis. AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI), 2020.
S Rajput, H Wang, Z Charles, D Papailiopoulos. DETOX: A Redundancy-based Framework for Faster and More Robust Gradient Aggregation. 2019.
- Yuanzhi Li, Yingyu Liang. Learning Overparameterized Neural Networks via Stochastic Gradient Descent on Structured Data. Aug 2019.
- Ayon Sen, Xiaojin Zhu, Liam Marshall, Robert Nowak. Should Adversarial Attacks Use Pixel p-Norm? Jun 2019.
- Sumeet Katariya, Ardhendu Tripathy, Robert Nowak. MaxGap Bandit: Adaptive Algorithms for Approximate Ranking. Jun 2019.
- Rohit Shukla, Mikko Lipasti, Brian Van Essen, Adam Moody, Naoya Maruyama. REMODEL: Rethinking Deep Cnn Models to Detect and Count on a NeuroSynaptic System.
- Kyle Daruwalla, Heng Zhuo, Carly Schulz, and Mikko Lipasti. BitBench: A Benchmark for Bitstream Computing,” in Proceedings of Languages, Compilers, Tools and Theory of Embedded Systems. Jun 2019.
- Kyle Daruwalla, Heng Zhuo and Mikko Lipasti. BitSAD: A Domain-Specific Language for Bitstream Computing. Jun 2019.
- Kyle Daruwalla and Mikko Lipasti. Resource Efficient Navigation Using Bitstream Computing. Jun 2019.
- Michael Mishkin. Efficient Inference Acceleration. Jun 2019.
- Gilton, G. Ongie, R. Willett. Neumann Networks for Inverse Problems in Imaging. Jun 2019.
- Blake Mason, Ardhendu Tripathy, Robert Nowak. Learning Nearest Neighbor Graphs from Noisy Distance Samples. May 2019.
- Mina Karzand, Robert D. Nowak. Active Learning in the Overparameterized and Interpolating Regime. May 2019.
- Shengchao Liu, Mehmet Furkan Demirel, Yingyu Liang. N-Gram Graph: A Simple Unsupervised Representation for Molecules. 2019.
- Jiefeng Chen, Xi Wu, Vaibhav Rastogi, Yingyu Liang, Somesh Jha. Robust Attribution Regularization. 2019.
- Zeyuan Allen-Zhu, Yuanzhi Li, Yingyu Liang. Learning and Generalization in Overparameterized Neural Networks, Going Beyond Two Layers. 2019.
- Pasad, B. Shi, H. Kamper, and K. Livescu. On the contributions of visual and textual supervision in low-resource semantic speech retrieval. 2019.
- Kamper, A. Anastassiou, and K. Livescu. Semantic query-by-example speech search using visual grounding. 2019.
- Yuval Bahat, Michal Irani, Gregory Shakhnarovich. Natural and Adversarial Error Detection using Invariance to Image Transformations. Feb 2019.
- Jun, R. Willett, S. Wright, R. Nowak. Bilinear Bandits with Low-rank Structure. Jan 2019.
- Vasiljevic, N. Kolkin, R. Luo, H. Wang, F. Dai, A. Daniele, M. Mostajabi, S. Basart, M. Walter, G. Shakhnarovich. DIODE: A Dense Indoor and Outdoor Depth Dataset. 2019.
- Muhammad Haris, Greg Shakhnarovich, and Norimichi Ukita. Recurrent Back-Projection Network for Video Super-Resolution.
- Rajput, Z. Feng, Z. Charles, P.-L. Loh, D. Papailiopoulos. Does Data Augmentation Lead to Positive Margin? 2019.
- Liu, D. Papailiopoulos, D. Achlioptas. Bad Global Minima Exist and SGD Can Reach them. 2019.
- J. Mardia, J. Jiao, E. Tánczos, R. Nowak and T. Weissman. Concentration Inequalities for the Empirical Distribution.
Z. Charles, H. Rosenberg, D. Papailiopoulos. A Geometric Perspective on the Transferability of Adversarial Directions. AISTATS 2019.
- Jiefeng Chen, Xi Wu, Vaibhav Rastogi, Yingyu Liang, Somesh Jha. Towards Understanding Limitations of Pixel Discretization Against Adversarial Attacks. IEEE European Symposium on Security and Privacy 2019 (EuroS&P), 2019.
- Hongyang Zhang, Vatsal Sharan, Moses Charikar, Yingyu Liang. Recovery Guarantees for Quadratic Tensors with Limited Observations.
International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Statistics (AISTATS), 2019.
- Shengchao Liu, Yingyu Liang, Anthony Gitter. Loss-Balanced Task Weighting to Reduce Negative Transfer in Multi-Task Learning. AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI), 2019, Student Abstract and Poster Program.
- Yuzhe Ma, Xiaojin Zhu, Justin Hsu. Data Poisoning against Differentially-Private Learners: Attacks and Defenses.
- Xuezhou Zhang and Xiaojin Zhu. Online Data Poisoning Attacks.
- Yiding Chen and Xiaojin Zhu. Optimal Adversarial Attack on Autoregressive Models.
- Laurent Lessard, Xuezhou Zhang, and Xiaojin Zhu. An optimal control approach to sequential machine teaching. In The 22nd International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Statistics (AISTATS), 2019.
- U. Oswal and R. Nowak. Scalable Sparse Subspace Clustering via OWL.
- G. Ongie, L. Balzano, D. Pimentel, R. Willettt and R. Nowak. Tensor Methods for Nonlinear Matrix Completion.
- Y. Ma, R. Nowak, P. Rigollet, X Zhang, and X. Zhu. Teacher Improves Learning by Selecting a Training Set.
- S. Katariya, L. Jain, N. Sengupta, J. Evans and R. Nowak. Adaptive Sampling for Clustered Ranking.
- Herman Kamper, Greg Shakhnarovich, and Karen Livescu, “Semantic speech retrieval with a visually grounded model of untranscribed speech,” IEEE/ACM Transactions on Audio, Speech, and Language Processing 27(1):89-98, January 2019.
- Charles, D. Papailiopoulos. Gradient Coding Using the Stochastic Block Model. 2018.
- Mark, G. Raskutti, R. Willett. Estimating Network Structure from Incomplete Event Data. Nov 2018.
- Li, B. Mark, G. Raskutti, R. Willett. Graph-based regularization for regression problems with highly-correlated designs. Mar 2018.
- Xiaojin Zhu. An optimal control view of adversarial machine learning. arXiv:1811.04422, 2018.
- Kwang-Sung Jun, Lihong Li, Yuzhe Ma, and Xiaojin Zhu. Adversarial attacks on stochastic bandits. In Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems, 2018.
- Hongyi Wang, Scott Sievert, Zachary Charles, Stephen Wright, Dimitris Papailiopoulos. “ATOMO: Communication-efficient Learning via Atomic Sparsification,” appeared in the 32nd Conference on Neural Information Processing Systems (NeurIPS), 2018.
- Lingjiao Chen, Hongyi Wang, Jinman Zhao, Paraschos Koutris, Dimitris Papailiopoulos. “The Effect of Network Width on the Performance of Large-batch Training,” Appeared in the 32nd Conference on Neural Information Processing Systems (NeurIPS), 2018.
- Urvashi Oswal and Robert Nowak. Scalable Sparse Subspace Clustering via Ordered Weighted l1 Regression. arXiv:1807.03746v1 [stat.ML] 10Jul2018
- Lingjiao Chen, Hongyi Wang, Zachary Charles, and Dimitris Papailiopoulos. DRACO: Byzantine-resilient Distributed Training via Redundant Gradients. In International Conference on Machine Learning, 2018.
- Zachary Charles, and Dimitris Papailiopoulos. Stability and Generalization of Learning Algorithms that Converge to Global Optima. In International Conference on Machine Learning, 2018.
- Hongyi Wang, Scott Sievert, Zachary Charles, Dimitris Papailiopoulos, and Stephen Wright. ATOMO: Communication-efficient Learning via Atomic Sparsification. arXiv preprint arXiv:1806.04090 (2018).
- Lingjiao Chen, Hongyi Wang, Jinman Zhao, Dimitris Papailiopoulos, and Paraschos Koutris. The Effect of Network Width on the Performance of Large-batch Training. arXiv preprint arXiv:1806.03791 (2018).
- Ayon Sen, Scott Alfeld, Xuezhou Zhang, Ara Vartanian, Yuzhe Ma, and Xiaojin Zhu. Training set camouflage. In Conference on Decision and Game Theory for Security (GameSec), 2018
- Yuzhe Ma, Kwang-Sung Jun, Lihong Li, and Xiaojin Zhu. Data poisoning attacks in contextual bandits. In Conference on Decision and Game Theory for Security (GameSec), 2018
- Jiefeng Chen, Xi Wu, Yingyu Liang, Somesh Jha. Improving Adversarial Robustness by Data-Specific Discretization.
- Yuanzhi Li, Yingyu Liang. Learning Overparameterized Neural Networks via Stochastic Gradient Descent on Structured Data. Neural Information Processing Systems, 2018.
- Huaizu Jiang, Erik Learned-Miller, Gustav Larsson, Michael Maire, Greg Shakhnarovich, Self-Supervised Relative Depth Learning for Urban Scene Understanding, ECCV 2018
- K. Krishna, S. Toshniwal, and K. Livescu, Hierarchical multitask learning for CTC-based speech recognition.